1. Avoid buying rare or exotic animals even if seller says theyre from
abroad or even if you plan to set it free. Every time you buy, you just encourage the
seller to illegally catch more wildlife. Letting animals loose in an area can upset the
ecological balance of that area. Rather, try adopting a pet at www.pinoypets.com
2. To make sure youre not buying an animal
caught from the wilds, look for the sellers license authorizing him to breed that
3. Report all sightings of illegal pet trading to
Haribon , PAWB and Bantay Kalikasan 9253333 or 5555. They will make incidence reports for
possible legal action. Or text 0919+2234936.
4. Protect the wildlife habitats- the remaining
forests, wetlands, mountains by joining campaigns, e-mail petitions etc.
5. Be informed of issues on the environment by
surfing the web, reading, volunteering or joining groups like
WWF, Haribon, YPNet, MyZoo,
Birdwatch.ph, PAWs, etc.
6. Spread the word! You may make your own
earth-friendly poster campaign for others to see! Link this page to your
website by using the GIF image above!
the Papemelroti Wildlife Adventure Game to learn about different
Philippine animals that are faced with the threat of extinction. Be
aware of how to care for these animals and let others be aware too!